Tuesday is a big day for me… and truly the day where I completely ignored the P90X3 schedule for week 8 ‘transition week’.
Instead of whatever the original plan was, I did the P90X3 Eccentrix Upper workout, which is basically 30 minutes of pull-ups, push-ups and shoulder presses… but each set is varied slightly and you lower slowly to the count of 3. I don’t enjoy it as much as the P90X3 session called ‘The Challenge’ which was brutal but fast. This is more brutal and slow.
I still can’t do it completely properly (I’m not getting to the full 10 pullups in each set) but I am getting closer.
It really does wreak me up in the best possible way.
After work I did my grip strength workout, definitely better to do that after Eccentrix, not before (like last week). I’m definitely getting stronger with it. Now the session is only Incredibly Hard instead of Impossibly Hard. I do a grip strength workout because I’ve heard from American Ninja Warrior competitors that rock climbing isn’t enough.
Later I went to Skyhook Ninja Fitness in Tigard to work on a lache to a UFO… which I didn’t quite nail… I feel like I know exactly what to do, I just have to make my body do it. If I leap to it I can catch it just fine… but coming in off the speed from the lache messes me up… still a work in progress, and a very worthy May goal.
Training Journal Stats
- Tendonitis in both elbows
- Gammy left knee (Quad steps last Tuesday)
Today’s sore bits:
- Forearms (acupuncture)
Goal for this week:
- Learn and do the exercises for tendonitis
Goals for May:
- Successfully land a 9ft (2.7 meters) lache.
- Successfully catch the UFO grab from a lache.
- Submit an application for Australian Ninja Warrior Season 2
- Submit an application for American Ninja Warrior Season 10
- Complete at least 5 obstacles in a NNL or UNAA comp