Holy Moley that P90X3 Complex Upper workout is tough. I legitimately felt sick through most of it, it massively gets the heart rate right up there. That reminds me that I really need to add some strenuous cardio into my week so I’m not so destroyed by a big workout. My lungs and stomach are failing before my arms… just.
Complex Upper is 4 rounds of Slow Chinups, Plyo Pushups, Lunge Shoulder Presses, W Pull ups and Pushups with a knee elbow tuck. To be honest, I wasn’t really sure what was happening at all during the whole workout, I most mostly just trying to keep up and not spew.
Tendonitis flared up a little with some of the chinups, but when I adjust my arms to a closer grip it would sort itself out.
Still a long way to go before I’ll be comfortable with this workout, but man I’m impressed with the way it pushed me around. It was a total bully.
Did my grip strength workout after work, and really struggled with it, I’m not sure that I had really recovered from lunchtime.
Got through and then went straight to a massage where she really got in and targeted the spot where my triceps meet my elbows… and goddamn did that produce a whole lot of pain. I thought I had a kinda high pain-threshold, but this had me breathing like a maniac.
Later tonight I hit Skyhook with a friend from Seattle and went through some slackline and basic fast moving balance stuff. Nothing too strenuous but great to keep those fast feet.
Training Journal Stats
- Tendonitis in both elbows
- Gammy left knee (Quad steps last Tuesday)
- Feeling good coming into today…
Goal for this week:
- Learn and do the exercises for tendonitis
Goals for May:
- Successfully land a 9ft (2.7 meters) lache.
- Successfully catch the UFO grab from a lache.
- Submit an application for Australian Ninja Warrior Season 2
- Submit an application for American Ninja Warrior Season 10
- Complete at least 5 obstacles in a NNL or UNAA comp