Today is all about recovery, stretching and developing mindful, deliberate strength.
Tendonitis has been painful for me for like 7 years… and since I started training on actual ninja-inspired obstacles it’s come on way way worse. I’ve basically given away bouldering and parkour to focus on these obstacles (and taking like 3 days to recover each time). I found this article on Monday and so I’ve been doing these exercises twice a day. The forearms have been feeling pretty okay (although I’ll find out for reals tomorrow night) so I decided to do a little light bouldering at lunchtime.
It was tough, it’s been a while and my hands have lost all their roughingness… but the forearms and elbows felt okay with the session so that’s exciting. It really is something I’d like to do at least twice a week as part of my training. I really want to get back into Parkour too… gotta have those fast feet!
I did do the P90X3 Yoga session after work today, and I still don’t super enjoy it (and maybe never will) but it’s good for me so I’ll keep at it.
Training Journal Stats
- Tendonitis in both elbows
- Gammy left knee (Quad steps last Tuesday)
Goal for this week:
- Learn and do the exercises for tendonitis
Goals for May:
- Successfully land a 9ft (2.7 meters) lache.
- Successfully catch the UFO grab from a lache.
- Submit an application for Australian Ninja Warrior Season 2
- Submit an application for American Ninja Warrior Season 10
- Complete at least 5 obstacles in a NNL or UNAA comp