Thursdays are a bit of a rest day for me… I pretty much just have one session of yoga and that’s it.
I’ve been a bit worried about my capacity for niggling injuries, and so I organised some time with a PT to work on my warmups, cool downs, conditioning workouts, etc. Basically I’d like to work towards being a lot more durable.
She was mainly concerned with how intense my Tuesdays were, particularly on my forearms. On Tuesday I do an upper body workout (lots of pull ups and pushups), later I do a grip strength workout and the later still I do an obstacle course workout. I’m usually pretty dead afterwards, but I pack it all into one day so I can recover in time for Friday’s Competitive Ninja Warrior class. She was worried that my grip strength workout was too static… too many holds with my hand in one position (dead hangs, kettle bell farmer’s carry, etc) and suggested doing more grip strength exercises like pullups, L-sits or bringing my toes to my head while holding onto nunchucks, rock climbing balls or rings.
She also gave me some scapula mobility exercises, hip stabilizers and shoulder stabilizers to do each day.
We’ll see how that all goes.
Training Journal Stats
- Tendonitis in both elbows
- Gammy left knee (Quad steps a week ago)
- Nothin’, she’ll be right.
Goal for this week:
- Learn and do the exercises for tendonitis
Goals for May:
- Successfully land a 9ft (2.7 meters) lache.
- Successfully catch the UFO grab from a lache.
- Submit an application for Australian Ninja Warrior Season 2
- Submit an application for American Ninja Warrior Season 10
- Complete at least 5 obstacles in a NNL or UNAA comp