So, this is where my knowledge in training falls down a bit.
I woke up with really sore tendonitis-y elbows, and really, just generally sore and old man-ish moving around. So, my question is… do I commit and train today or do I rest and recover? What’s best for my long term goals? Can you progress while still taking breaks all the damn time, or if you keep pushing do you just get injured?
I have my scheduled rest day tomorrow… so I feel like I have to earn that… but my body also feels pretty brutalised. I’m honestly not sure on the best way forward.
I’m meeting with a personal trainer next week to help develop some conditioning exercises to prevent injury… and to develop a warmup routine that I can do before each tough training session. I’ll ask her how to best tackle this quandary.
Also, I’m running out of time to achieve my goals for May… in my defense, I only came up with that monthly goal thing a week ago… but still.
Training Journal Stats
- Tendonitis in both elbows
- Gammy left knee (Quad steps last Tuesday)
- Elbows (Friday)
- Ankles (Saturday)
- Back (Friday)
- Core/side ribs (Friday)
Goal for this week:
- Learn and do the exercises for tendonitis
Goals for May:
- Successfully land a 9ft (2.7 meters) lache.
- Successfully catch the UFO grab from a lache.
- Submit an application for Australian Ninja Warrior Season 2
- Submit an application for American Ninja Warrior Season 10
- Complete at least 5 obstacles in a NNL or UNAA comp