It was Memorial Day here in the States so I had the day off, which was awesome because I let my diet go at a friend’s BBQ yesterday (didn’t drink but ate foods I normally wouldn’t) and I’ve been feeling dusty all day today.
Had acupuncture at lunchtime today and was completely useless for the rest of the day. My arms and legs totally ache and feel prickly. It’s not super pleasant.
Here is the P90X3 workout schedule for this week (it changes again next week):
DAY 1. _ DECELERATOR & ACCELERATOR
DAY 3 _THE CHALLENGE OR COMPLEX UPPER & X3 AB RIPPER OR DYNAMIX
DAY 4 _ X3 YOGA & AGILITY X
DAY 5 -TRIOMETRICS & ISOMETRIX
DAY 6 – TOTAL ‘YN E RG IST ICS OR COMPLEX LOWER & X3 AB RIPPER OR DYNAMIX
DAY 7 – REST OR DYNAMIX
Confusingly, they’ve moved the upper body stuff from Day 1 to Day 3, which doesn’t exactly suit my extraneous workouts. If I was only doing P90X3 then I wouldn’t worry about it, but it’s only a small portion of my workout plan, so I think I’ll need to do:
Tuesday Day 1 – Complex Upper & Dynamix
Wednesday Day 2 – Complex Lower & X3 Ab Ripper
Thursday Day 3 – Yoga
Friday Day 4 – Decelerator & Accelerator
Saturday Day 5 – Trimetrics & Isometrix
Sunday Day 6 – MMX & Pilates X
Monday Day 7 – Rest Day
I’m not a massive fan of changing up what they’ve provided… because I’d like to think there are good reasons they’ve put workouts in a particular order… but I really want to make sure I’m in great shape for Friday’s class, and blasting my upper body on Thursday is absolutely not going to help there.
Training Journal Stats
- Tendonitis in both elbows
- Gammy left knee (Quad steps last Tuesday)
- Had 3 rest days so feelin’ alright
Goal for this week:
- Learn and do the exercises for tendonitis
Goals for May:
- Successfully land a 9ft (2.7 meters) lache.
- Successfully catch the UFO grab from a lache.
- Submit an application for Australian Ninja Warrior Season 2
- Submit an application for American Ninja Warrior Season 10
- Complete at least 5 obstacles in a NNL or UNAA comp