Australian Ninja Warrior Season 1

Home Forums Australian Ninja Warrior Forum Australian Ninja Warrior Season 1

This topic contains 39 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Darryl 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Adam
    Keymaster

Does anyone know when the first episode is going to air?

Adam
    Keymaster

Australian Ninja Warrior Season 1 had about 6,000 entrants and took about 250 I think, while American Ninja Warrior Season 9 had 70,000 entrants and they’ll take 700 Ninjas. I’ll take a 4.16% chance over a 1% chance any day. Yikes.

Adam
    Keymaster

Adam
    Keymaster

Rang Channel 9 (Publicity Department 02 9965 2727) and asked them when Australian Ninja Warrior Season 1 was going to air… and the dude said he didn’t know exactly, but it would be in the 2nd half of the year – after June 2017.

19th of June 2016 is when applications first opened for Season 1 (closed 9th September 2016), so I guess they’ll be advertising for applications while the show airs… Means they’ll get the most number of applications ever… but new people will really only have less than 6 months to train.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  Adam.

Adam
    Keymaster

Noticed a few ninjas around the place saying that we should have an air date by the end of June… it’s starting to come together…

Shaun Brien

An official trailer just went up on Facebook and it’s gotten me so hyped for the season.

Adam
    Keymaster

How good is it? I love that the footage seemed really really solid. After seeing the UK and Swedish versions I wasn’t sure what to expect, but man, Australia knows how to make good quality television. I am seriously pumped, it’s going to be so great!

Shaun Brien

That was my exact reaction because some other formats have been really lackluster in spirit and tone. Whereas this seems to really give off those epic Ninja vibes and not skimp out on course toughness either.

Adam
    Keymaster

3 hours until show time! Is everyone ready?!?

Shaun Brien

I just feel like I need to watch it again.

Adam
    Keymaster

The whole episode is available on the 9now.com.au website. Pretty great!

Sheenobree
    Participant

It was done so well. Even though the commentary isn’t the best. Some of the awkward things they said were so funny that it’s totally worth it.

One thing I realized is that most people watch ninja and are like “oooh, whoa, wow” and then I was it like “what shoes are those? They look like they’d perform well”

Sheenobree
    Participant

After re-watching it’s amazing how slow and careful so many of the Ninjas took the course. You could tell that it meant so much to them and they wanted to make it far and make no mistakes. It’ll be really interesting to see how it evolves over time and we get more and more speed focused competitors.

Also could the commentary be any more Aussie at times “he just boinged up there” and “deadpool, numb face”. At one point they even made reference to the fact that a guy should be happy his partner will stay with him even though he fell. It’s weird the commentary is far from Akbar and Matt on the American show but I feel like it works. They don’t actually say a lot and let the runs speak for themselves which is great.

Another thing I realized on the rewatch is that the pacing of the runs and backstories was really well done. The longest backstories were around a minute which kept the show flowing at a nice pace and stopped it from feeling like it was forced.

After seeing the ratings it’ll be really interesting to see how many people stick around tonight, and hopefully even more will tune in.

Gail

What is with a Geordie host??? Is there not enough decent Aussie presenters??? He’s really annoying

Sheenobree
    Participant

I was worried having episodes two nights in a row would lead to a bit of fatigue in the enjoyment but my god it was so exciting again.

They’re doing everyone’s stories in such a tasteful way and Ashlin’s run was just amazing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.